Federation President Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the chief executive and director of federation activities and programs that promote the mission of NARFE;
- Presides at federation conventions and meetings of
the federation executive board;
- Appoints officers and committee chairs who (though they are not required by the constitution or bylaws) carry out the
functions of the federation;
- Assigns ZIP codes for each chapter in the federation, using form F-46;
- Signs all checks drawn on federation funds, subject to the restrictions set by the
executive board or federation bylaws;
- Ensures that all actions by the respective federation are carried out and all information and updates are forwarded
to all chapters;
that all federation reports are promptly completed and forwarded to National Headquarters and the respective regional vice
collaboration with the Treasurer, ensures the IRS 990N Form (ePostcard) is filed on the IRS website annually.
- Ensures that all required federation reports and information pertaining to the management of a federation, particularly
form F-7A, Federation Officer Roster, are forwarded to National Headquarters.